Sunday, July 9, 2017

How to Achieve Local Control, One Normie at a Time

A bit of thought show us the most important part of government is local. Who enforces the laws, mostly? The local cops. The Sheriff's department, a bit less. The State Police, even less. Unless you're a real rabble rouser or successful interstate criminal, you'll never even see a Fed except on some bullshit Hollyweird propaganda.

So if you want more liberty in your life: Get control of your local government and organize it  along libertarian/American Common Law principles. If you do this, you will have gotten rid of 95% of the bullshit that brought you to the point where you find yourself reading this article.




How to do this? Infect one statist at a time with a Lethal Liberty Mind-Virus(r)!  I've had good success red-pilling normies with my "I'm a localist" pitch which goes like this:

"If a county can legalize prostitution, or prohibit alcohol,  why shouldn't they be able to prohibit abortion, or legalize marijuana? Why is this power given to unaccountable bureaucrats hundreds or thousands of miles away?  People should have local control over their lives.

If it turns out you don't like your neighbors, MOVE - it's a big country.  I don't care so much what happens in other counties as long as it's done among consenting adults, and there is no trespass against persons or properties. But I live in Hillsborough county on the west side of Manchester, so I have a say in how things go in our neighborhood, and we should decide what sort of neighborhood we have.

Other counties? I have no opinion, because I DON'T LIVE THERE, and I DON'T WANT THEM THINKING THEY HAVE A SAY IN HOW WE DO THINGS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD.  As long as they don't make their problems our problems, I say live and let live."

I've done this with a few dozen of my neighbors (at least) and have gotten only positive response (lots of far-off "I've never thought about it like that" looks followed by head-nodding). I would encourage you all to give it a try, it's fun! ...And if you discover that this opinion is out of step with most of your neighbors - you should move to New Hampshire, NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment