Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Registers of Deeds in Massachusetts and North Carolina are rejecting robo-signed documents!

This is a HUGE win for Liberty!  

First, the Register of Deeds in Massachusets is rejecting "robo-signed" documents,

and shortly thereafter, the the North Carolina Register of deeds is doing the same!




Some quotes from the Massachusetts office press release:


“Knowing what I now know, it would be a dereliction of my duties as the keeper of the records to record these documents and any other documents that contain questionable signatures. To do so, would make me a willing participant in a continuing scheme which has corrupted the chain of title of thousands of Essex County property owners. I have decided to put a stop to this reckless behavior and hold these lenders and their agents accountable for the authenticity of what they are attempting to record in my Registry. I do not believe this to be unreasonable.”
~
“Now that Register Thigpen has joined with me, I am hopeful that my other colleagues around the country will also take the same action. I strongly believe that this will send a message, loud and clear, that we as Registers and Recorders of Deeds, whose responsibility it is to protect the integrity of the land recordation system, will not be a party to any fraudulent scheme that may damage individual’s property rights”

Hats off to Misters O’Brien and Thigpen!




If you have a tip of an article that should be posted here, please leave a comment, and let people know about this blog by sending them links to articles and suggest they subscribe to the RSS feed!  Thanks!

Liberty is Winning, because of YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment